Legal Help For Those Victimized By Nursing Home Neglect
As facilities pledged to provide a safe, comfortable and dignified home for their residents, Washington’s nursing homes have the legal duty to take reasonable steps to avoid causing harm to the people in their care.
Unfortunately, nearly every day in the U.S., a nursing home resident is the target of deliberate abuse or careless neglect. As a result, thousands of elderly and vulnerable Americans suffer terrible injuries and premature deaths. Our team of attorneys at help families in central and western Pennsylvania take action. We are compassionate and aggressive trial lawyers with more than three decades of collective experience handling nursing home neglect and medical malpractice cases on behalf of victims and their families.
Signs Your Relative May Be The Victim Of Nursing Home Abuse Or Neglect
If you suspect your parent or other loved one is being abused or neglected by their nursing home’s staff, look for these potential signs at your next visit:
- Sudden changes to the resident’s appearance or personality
- The resident expressing fear or discomfort regarding certain staff members, or seeming tense when particular staffers enter the room
- Missed meals or dehydration
- Unexplained bruises, bedsores and other injuries
- Signs of disorganization, such as unanswered phone calls or call lights, or staff members constantly quitting or getting fired
- Staff and administrators act evasive when you try to ask questions
If you have reason to believe your loved one is in an unsafe long-term care facility, contact as soon as possible. We will help you pursue damages that will help pay for your loved one’s pain and suffering, medical bills and other damages. More importantly, we will strive to put an end to the nursing home’s abusive practices and help restore your family member’s safety.